Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Parental Choice

For 23 months I put Mateo to bed every single night.  (The only exceptions being a few nights I had to travel for work and the 4 day trip Geno and I took to Portland.)  While I was nursing him it was a no-brainer that it would be me, and not Geno, to lull him off into dreamland.  Our mother-son-bedtime routine made a lot of sense.  And then when I stopped nursing him, it also made a lot of sense to keep other aspects of the bedtime routine consistent so as to not throw the entire world into pure chaos.  So mother-son-bedtime time remained.

And then...

Four weeks ago Mateo uttered five little words that simultaneously freed and killed my soul: "No Mama, Dada night night."

** This message has been brought to you by the number 2!**




2 comments:

Jill said...

This might hurt for a few minutes, but you will be SO GLAD when he hits 2.5 and is a total nightmare to put to bed!

Nicole said...

Jill, I've been very closely following your trials and tribulations. It sounds like *so* much fun! (Hang in there!)