Sunday, November 21, 2010

Turkey Stuffed with Chocolate Cake

My birthday always falls at least within a week of Thanksgiving, and once every 7 or so years, the two days coincide.  (Other birthday facts include it being the date JFK was shot, and on a happier note, a shared day of celebration with my dear friend, Beth.)  When I was a kid, my mother always threatened/promised to stuff the turkey with chocolate cake instead of traditional stuffing.  Sweet and savory go together, no? This year my birthday is a few days removed from the day of thanks, but the older I get, the more I find the two celebrations to feel the same; a time to reflect on all the blessings in my life. 

It could go without saying - but shouldn't -that I am beyond grateful for my husband, son and dogs, my parents and sister, my in-laws, sisters and brothers in-law, nephews and niece, and friends both near and far.  They are the chocolate cake to my turkey, and always make my life sweeter.

And because a picture usually is worth 1,000 words, I offer this reflection on the year:

November:


December:




January:


February:



March:








April:



May:



June:



July:



August:






September:



October:


November:




Now on to 34!

No comments: