Sunday, July 22, 2012

Boston

I lived in Boston for six years.  The first three, (while in Divinity School), I didn't really take living in the city seriously.  I figured it was just a blip in time and despite finding the city really beautiful, it never, ever felt like home.

Then I decided to go to law school in Boston, so I figured if I was going to make it through three more years, I had to do something drastic.  This led to my now-infamous-in-my-family personal regime of "I'm going to make myself love Boston, god#$@it."  Clearly, this meant becoming a Red Sox fan, among other risk-taking behaviors.  Conveniently, this was in late 2003.  (Of course the infamy of this decision lies in the rabid Yankee-ness of anyone with the last name Ayala.)

I've been back to Boston lots since graduating from law school, but this weekend was the first time that Geno, Mateo and I visited as a family.  It was so special to literally walk down memory lanes -Dartmouth Place, Francis Ave and Mass Ave -with my beautiful boys in tow.  

I've got this, Mom

LT RU WITH ME?  Sitting on the steps of Andover Hall at HDS

Meeting the very handsome and dapper Baby William, son of my dear friend Amy

Look Mom- I'm climbing!


Law and Order


My personal favorite:  Mom, look, I'm peeing like a city dog!


Back to the square of so many amazing memories


I'm telling you- DO NOT touch John Harvard's foot!  


Mateo's first subway ride- kickin' it on the Orange Line


Widener Library in Harvard Yard...  Does anyone know if that Titantic story is true?

Post Script:  In case you were wondering, the Red Sox thing didn't stick.

No comments: