Monday, May 2, 2011

Context Clues

When I sat down this evening to write my monthly letter to Mateo (14 months today!), I realized I needed to hustle if I wanted to get a Mother's Day gift purchased and shipped to my mom before Sunday.  TWO HOURS later, I finally decided on what to get, and hopefully this overly thought out gift will arrive in time.  I think (I hope!) that I've always made an effort to honor my mom throughout the year, but there's something about now being a mother myself that makes me feel extra indebted to her on Mother's Day.  So if it takes two hours of online shopping, so be it! 

Given that I'm now completely glassed over from staring at a computer screen, I would like to sum up Mateo's past month of life using only key words:

Blueberries.  Strawberries.  Organic flaxseed toaster waffles.  Molars.  ($#@!)  Dance.  Snap.  Up.  Down.  Up.  Down.  Ball.  Ball.  Ball.  Hola.  Bye-bye.  Dada.  Bye-bye, Dada.  Woof.  Woof woof.  More.  Mas.  MAS!  Love.

No comments: