Saturday, January 21, 2012

Snow days



Last winter I almost lost my mind because of the snow. We were slammed with storm after storm, and even for this Midwesterner, it was too much. This year has been an amazing reprieve. (From snow that is, not from freakish weather.) It was even almost getting to the point where we were wondering if Mateo and I were going to get to try out our new snow boots. (Mateo got these, and after close to 284 returns, I finally decided on these.)

Well, the snow gods have finally answered our prayers. It's not a lot of snow by any means, but definitely enough for a little sledding and playing around with the dogs outside. Our boots are starting to get broken in, and Mateo has been kept all snug and warm thanks to a fantabulous hand-me-down snow suit from my dear friend, Julie.

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but, I actually hope we get even more snow. I had a flashback memory to my mom making snow ice cream, and I think it would be a lot of fun to make a batch of our own. (I asked Geno if he thinks that Connecticut snow is clean, and his opinion was that it would be okay unless I used it as my primary water source for 6 weeks. Good to know. If you hear I've croaked because of toxic poisoning, you'll know it was a snow ice cream overdose to blame.)

No comments: